It started on Wednesday morning around 7. I was having contractions every 1/2 hour (very minor) for about 4 hours. However, when I sat down for lunch, they completely went away. UNTIL 6 p.m. that night. Carl was still at work and I started getting fairly strong contractions every 4 min. apart. I called him around 6:30 and told him he should probably come home and I also let my mom know what was going on. by the time he got home around 7 the contractions were even stronger and about 2 1/2 min apart.
At 8:00 p.m. Carl called the hospital and let them know what was going on, and they told us to come in. We arrived at the hospital at 8:30 and I was in a lot of pain. However, when they checked me I was at 0, but my cervix was very thin. They had walk around for awhile and then checked me again. Still at a 0 until during the check my water broke and I went from 0 to 4 in a matter of seconds. and we learned that it had meconium (baby poop) in it and that Nathan would need to be checked right away. (around 10:30 p.m.) Carl called my parents and told them to come to the hospital!
The anesthesiologist came in shortly thereafter and I received an epidural. Since they hadn't checked me again before the epidural they checked me after and I was at an 8 (around 11 p.m.). Carl called my parents again and they were hoping that they would make it in time!
The nurse came in around 12:30 to check me and didn't need to, Nathan was starting to arrive! She told me not to push because we had to wait for the pediatrician to get there so he could check Nathan as soon as he arrived. My parents made it to the room at 12:55 a.m . . . 8 minutes prior to Nathan being born.
We are truly blessed by this amazing miracle!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.