Seems like just yesterday I posted about Thanksgiving . . . & now we are 1/2 way through December! It's been a rough couple of months for me. Being so far away from family & friends has taken its toll. My poor husband has gotten the brunt of it, and he's heard me say "I'm sorry" far too many times! This Christmas Season, though I still have my days, has reminded me of Love, of Light. I am constantly being reminded of His Truths - in fact one night (not too long ago) I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders, the lies trying to take me down, the fear, the worry . . . and I was lead to pray "Remind of Your Truths". So for 5+ minutes I was reminded - "I will never leave you, nor forsake you", "you are made in My image", "I am the Light of the World", "Cast your cares on Me", "you are loved". And I cried, but my cup was filled and hope restored. Why am I saying this? I am so good at hiding. Maybe that's why, to keep Light in my darkest places. Light, Hope, Love.
I am still growing.
My boys are growing too. Too fast. Aaron rolled over last Tuesday, the 9th. From his back to tummy. And now he rolls over all the time from back to tummy and tummy to back. We can no longer leave him on the furniture for a quick second :). Nathan today said "bra". :) We have introduced him to puzzles. He's not quite there yet, but he tries. My babies growing into little boys. Something that we want to happen, something that needs to happen, but it happens so fast. Growing - a wonderful blessing - for all of us!
Since we live in the desert, no where close to chop down a tree, we purchased a fake one! The best part was of course the BOX! - and that look - one of many that make me smile :)
Since we live in the desert, no where close to chop down a tree, we purchased a fake one! The best part was of course the BOX! - and that look - one of many that make me smile :)
Clapping for daddy as he put the tree together
Standing on the BOX
He rolled over!! Yay Aaron!!
Nathan loves to give Aaron kisses!
![]() |
we made clay ornaments - they look a lot bigger here! |
And Happy Hanukkah!
the coolest part of tonight as I went to blow the candles out (cause I was terrified of burning the house down) was that one had already burned out, so I waited/watched the shammus, which was lit first to light the first candle, still glowing but really had nothing left to burn - I watched it light and go down and re-light several times. I must have watched it for 5 minutes until it finally went out - but I was so wonderfully reminded (again & again) how God sent His Son to be the Light of the World, how He continues to show us His miracles, His Love, His Hope!









No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.