Monday, March 31, 2014

Anatomy Scan / 21 weeks

This post is a little late . . . but . . . it's a BOY!  Nathan is going to have a little brother!  My parents came down for a quick visit on Friday, and stayed with Nathan while Carl & I went to the ultrasound.  Our tech's name was Catherine, and she was very nice, but didn't give us much information.  We have to wait for the doctors to look over the scans before we know if all is well . . . but we were able to know that he has 4 chambers in his heart, heart beat was 150,  he is measuring right on track, his kidneys are there, brain is there, and the umbilical cord seems to be working.  We got to see the little man move around and suck on his index finger.
  I love looking at the pictures we were given of our newest little man.  I am so excited that Nathan is going to have a brother to share their lives with and one of my prayers for this sibling duo is that they become best of friends (similar to my sister and I).  That even though we may not speak all the time, I know that I can call her at a moments notice and she will answer and listen and give me the best encouragement/ and advice. 
  I am feeling this one move more and more, and I am pretty sure we have a soccer player in there :)  I am not complaining - I love his movements, I love being reminded that he is there, because to be honest unless I am looking in the mirror most of the time I forget I'm pregnant.  He is loved though, just as much as his older brother!  I am blessed. 
above: face
below: getting ready to grab 

 above: feet
below: profile

 above: profile (my favorite picture to date)
below: sucking his finger

my parents bought us new little booties and some really cute onesies for the littlest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.